The more skills you learn, the more self reliant you are and the higher your odds for survival become. Here we are going to talk about some basic survival skills and teach you how to best use them to protect yourself and your loved ones when tragedy strikes.
- Have a positive mental attitude
- Locate and purify or filter water
- Seek or build shelter
- Get a grasp of and prepare food
- Be Able to reliably start a fire
Positive Mental Attitude
This is actually more significant than some of the others because when you are relying upon your ability to wring survival out of your environs, as soon as you give up hope you are finished. There are lots of astonishing stories of those who have survived avalanches, fires, floods, and being isolated for prolonged periods and making it through thanks to an undying will to survive. A few ways to instil this mindset are:
- Set goals for yourself – These may be daily or even hourly targets like making it to the next ridge or getting a meal out of your environs. Make sure that they are achievable and target oriented. Every step you finish will be a psychological boost for you and will build confidence in your basic survival skills.
- Concentrate on what you can change – If a significant disaster has struck, focusing on the injustice of the resulting scenario or the reduction that has happened would not help you. But, focusing on building a shelter or remaining dry will help tremendously.
- Concentrating your efforts to improve your position will help you in the long and short terms. Ignore the large picture and totally concentrate on enhancing your immediate situation.
- Keep hydrated and nourished – This will provide you the energy to continue in the face of hardship. A steady food and water supply are significant and vital. You will not be attempting to feast daily but fulfilling your basic nourishment in Alpha Survivalist, and calorie requirements will be enough to keep you moving. Along with that, if this condition is squared it away will permit you to really focus more on recovery efforts or obtaining help.
- Be positive – Positivity creates more positivity. Showing fellow survivors that you are with that you get a positive mental attitude will block the group from being dragged down beneath the pressure of this disaster. Be the seed which develops into higher morale for your group.